UK No In Store Pickup

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iGraham4, Apr 7, 2015.

1. iGraham4 macrumors member

Just got off the phone from apple and he confirmed home delivery only. Then I read this

http://uk.businessinsider.com/angela-ahrendts-says-a-significant-change-in-mindset-to-launching-apple-watch-online-2015-4?r=US

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

They are not saying that you can't preorder for store pick up. They are saying that they are encouraging people to use home delivery.

3. iGraham4 thread starter macrumors member

Did you read all of that business insider post? "Crucially, "there will be no store pickup" for Apple Watch in the UK, according to the source who leaked us the memo. Watches will only be shipped to their homes after they have chosen their model and strap."

4. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

It is the same in the USA from what I can read.

6. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

From what I can read it's not:

7. dilap macrumors 6502a

8. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Charming: "We don't want to meet you. Just send us your money"

Shabby way to treat the most loyal and profitable customer-base in history.

9. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

There's no 'order online and select in-store pick up' option. Order online for home delivery. Reserve online for an in store reservation. These are two very different things.

10. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

No, look at the source code of the page. It clearly says "Reserve and pick-up"
    Exactly.

11. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

12. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Probably for the best, they're probably trying to minimise customer exposure to scalpers.

13. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

14. Phillybizzle macrumors regular

I still think that there will be. It just makes too much sense for them not to do it.

15. rolexwatch macrumors regular

Ok guys, there are so many unconfirmed rumors about the reserve and pickup system. Although we already got an 'official' answer! You can find the source code of the uk and german apple reserve system on another thread. it clearly states, that instore pickups will be available on April 25 at 8:00 (9:00 for germany and france). You only have the delivery option outside the us until then. This sucks! I mean why can't they just have the same system worldwide.

16. KPOM macrumors G5

It's more likely that they can't accommodate long lines and huge crowds, and don't want to turn people away disappointed. There are a lot more Apple Stores in the US and so they can accommodate the in-store pick up option for some, but even there I think the available slots will fill up quickly.

Apple has used something similar in China for a few years now.

----------

If that's true, it's 1 day that the US will have in-store pickup that the rest of the world won't. Those pickup slots will fill up almost instantly, anyway, so the vast majority of us will just be having them shipped to us.

17. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Last phone I bought was reservation and store pick up in Australia, was this not available in the UK at launch? I guess they are driving people to buy online.

18. Mic2904 macrumors 6502

I ahve just been chatting with Apple Support and they said the process will be the same they had for the iPhone 6/+. You can click and reserve online and pick up in store on 24th.

19. Donstil-nl macrumors 6502

Donstil-nl

20. rolexwatch macrumors regular

Reservations for the iphone 6 weren't available at the preorder date..at least not in germany.

21. knuster macrumors regular

knuster

Oh yes reservations for pickup in store where available on preorder date in germany. thats how i did it anyway. Reserve my iphone 6 on preorder date and picked it up on launch day in oberhausen/germany

----------

Where is this thread with the source code you mentioned, cant find it?
    Link please?

22. macuserpl macrumors 6502

macuserpl

Here's the link: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1862909
    And here's direct quote:

23. Weavus macrumors member

It's quite simple. The reservations for the 24th are pre-orders and are classed differently in the system. From the 10th you will be able to pre-order one for pickup on the 24th, however these will run out of stock well before the 24th.

The daily store reservation system kicks in on the 25th which is what that string is about and is no longer a pre-order. All unsold reserved stock from the 24th will be available for store reservation after 8am daily from the 25th for pickup the same day along with any new deliveries.

Worked exactly the same for the iPhone 6.

24. SimonBS macrumors regular

SimonBS

I'm considering traveling to London to pick up a watch on April 24th. After reading this, I called Danish Apple Store support asking if they know if it's possible to order a Watch to pick up.
    The man I talked to said he was pretty sure that it would be possible but was not entirely sure. He adviced me to call UK Apple Support for more information. I haven't done this yet.

25. rolexwatch macrumors regular

No, you're wrong. The pickup system started on the 23.09, whereas the preorders were possible on the friday before.