UK O2 - 16GB or 32GB, 18months or 24months?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by haydn!, Jun 19, 2009.

1. haydn! macrumors 6502a

I'm stuck between an 16GB on 18month contract, or 32GB on 24 month contract as the overall price is near enough the same.

What are you settling on?

2. spooky2k macrumors 6502a

I went for a white 16GB on a 18 month contract at £35 a month. It's the same as what I'm on now (before I switch to the new iPhone).

Chose 18 months due to upgrade cycle. Thought I'd be able to get my hands on the next iPhone when my new contract runs out in 18 months.

3. haydn! thread starter macrumors 6502a

The upgrade cycle does play a big part - I think thats why 24 months can be a good thing! With an 18 month contract now, you're gonna be stuck with either taking a six month old design, or waiting out six months for a new one.

With 24 months, yeah, you miss a model but you get a new one around its release.

But the burning question is, what if you don't want another iPhone at upgrade!

4. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

To be honest with you, with the current contract situation, I'm not likely to ever upgrade to the 3G S, since I'll be only a few months away from the iPhone 3G SX being released. Since the 18-month contract length is effectively making me skip a generation anyway and only get a new iPhone every two years, I might as well sign up for a 24-month contract and save myself a little bit of money on the handset.

Oh, and I still prefer the white iPhone ;)

5. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

I always prefer to sell my soul to O2 for a little time as possible. If they offered 12 month contracts I'd have gone for that, but 18 months it is unfortunately. I will never sign a 24 month contract for a mobile phone, 18 months is bad enough but 24 is far too long in my opinion. Who knows what way the market is going to be in 18 months time, never mind 24!