UK O2 3G to 4.0 Deal

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chadders001, Jun 25, 2010.

1. chadders001 macrumors newbie

I currently have a UK based (I live in the UK) 3G on a monthly contract with O2 which includes 500 free minutes, 600 free texts and unlimited data.

If I buy an iPhone 4.0, I assume I will simply be able to transfer the SIM (once I have a replacement Mini SIM from O2) in the new phone and still keep my existing (unlimited data) contract. Yes?

Or have I missed something.

c.

2. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Yes you will keep the contract but I think O2 are putting a limit of either 1GB or 500MB limit on their tarrifs now.

3. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

If you buy a full price Sim free or PAYG iPhone4 from the Apple Store. Yes

4. chadders001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Will this apply to existing contracts as well, or just new ones taken out on the new terms and conditions?

5. adarshry macrumors newbie

If you choose to stay on the existing contract for 3GS, and then buy a new iPhone 4.0. Transfer your sim to the new iPhone, and you should keep the current unimited contract. But if you dont have much time on the contract and you are looking to buy an iPhone 4, then it's better to migrate your current contract to a monthly roll on contract. It just gives you 1 GB Data, but the phone works out to be much cheaper.

6. chadders001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which presumably will also let me take advantage of the tethering facilities available on both the iPhone 4.0 and the iPad - as I understand the SIM should be interchangeable between an iPad and iPhone 4.0.

c.

7. chadders001 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am already beyond my contract but still paying monthly so I am just trying to work out if staying with it is worth the £200 difference in price of contract phone and not. I may also be able to use the same SIM in the iPad too, I believe.

8. gazzrenn macrumors 6502

gazzrenn

Not 100% on that, but i'd lean towards no.