UK - O2 My Best Option

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwfc0907, Jun 19, 2010.

1. bwfc0907 macrumors regular

My contract with O2 was 18 months on my 3GS and my tie in finished in March.
    I use approx 750mb of data per month, 300 mins and loads of texts.

What's the best option for me in purchasing the iPhone4 on O2? Do I need to take any action now to change my contract to Simplicity?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Your best bet would be to go Simplicity. Give O2 a ring and get them to change your contract over to the Simplicity tariff.

This will work unless your getting an iPhone 4?

3. bwfc0907 thread starter macrumors regular

I want an Iphone4, hopefully on launch day.

Which simplicity tariff, how do I keep unlimited data?

Seriously confused with all this.

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

You'll need to purchase a PAYG iPhone or a contract-free iPhone 4, if you want to keep your unlimited data. But do remember, that they can, at any time, withdraw this from you.

5. finatk macrumors regular

I work for O2, Just to clear it up O2 cannot withdraw your unlimited data at any time as that would be classed as a material change to your contract and you would have to be given the option to end your contract at no cost to yourself.

The bottom line is that any handsets / tariffs that are purchased on and after June 24th 2010 the Unlimited data will be classed as a promotion which will be in the revised T&C's which will then move over to the new clear capped data system come October 2010.

6. danb77 macrumors 6502

This is not possible - the 3GS was released 12 months ago. How can you be out of contract already?

7. bwfc0907 thread starter macrumors regular

Very astute.

I purchased the 3G 12 months before. Then sold for £320 and bought the 3GS. Never changed my contract though.

8. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

I've been assured by O2 that they can. I initially thought so myself. However, what they are technically doing is rewording things to make it clear, and at the same time, introducing new crap.

9. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Anyone out of contract or on Simplicity can already do this, so O2 have very little to lose. They will withdraw it from everyone eventually, or introduce tighter definitions of fair use until unlimited becomes completely pointless.

Phazer