UK O2 PAYG users.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shrewd, Jun 21, 2009.

1. shrewd macrumors member

Just wondered if anyone that currently owns one, 3g or 3gs, whther anyone tried to haggle or barter with the salesmen at either 02 or CPW.

I want to get the 16g £440 and wondered what they would say if I tried it on and offered them £400.

Has anybody helse tried and if so are they likey to budge or are they strict on their prices.

I will be going to O2. My experience of my local CPW store in Shrewsbury has always been a bit flat. I have been in once or twice to discuss thing with them such as contracts and they have never smiled or rreally seemed like they wanted my custom, so they have lost a sale there.

2. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

It's always worth a try, but I'd be very surprised if they will accept any lower offer, especially when the iPhone seems to be selling very well.

Most of the money seems to go to Apple anyway, so I doubt that they would be willing to cut their profit margin.

Let us know what they say if you give it a try!

3. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

You are going to a national retailer selling a premium phone.

You say £400, they say get real or get out once they have finished laughing

4. shrewd thread starter macrumors member

You never know, it's always worth a try. I regularly try it on at places like Sports World (sportsdirect) and get £5/£10 off a pair of trainers depending on original price.

I see your point but they can only say no. Does anyone know if they get commission?

5. sallythemac Guest

With the popularity of the iPhone, there answer will be "If you don't want it for that price, the guy behind you will".

Don't hold your hopes up.