UK ONLY: 2.1 Upgrade Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisparr, Sep 14, 2008.

?

UK ONLY: 2.1 Upgrade Poll

Poll closed Sep 28, 2008.
  1. 2.1 Introduced Bugs

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. 2.1 Works a treat

12 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Waiting to see what other people report

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. chrisparr macrumors regular

I thought I'd set up this poll to keep track of the numbers of people having trouble IN THE UK ONLY after the upgrade.

2. synagence macrumors 6502a

Don't forget the apps developers had the 2.1 beta versions but they couldn't update their apps for release to the appstore on 2.1 until the final version came out this week ... so many 3rd party apps are crashing because of changes to 2.1

I'm assuing we'll see a flood up new versions in the coming week or so while will make everything more stable

The general 2.1 seems fine though

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Fixed most of the issues I was having but, annoyingly, introduced a pretty big one: Before the upgrade, syncing with BMW car kits was a bit "hit and miss" and apparently depended on the version of the iDrive software, etc, on the BMW.
    I was one of the "lucky" ones, and my phone's contact list synced fine with my car. Unfortunately, after the 2.1 update the contact syncing to my car is now broken :(

4. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

5. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

Omg! Everything was fine and with the AM/PM on the home page..

And a after a restore to test everything, the AM/PM has stopped showing on the screen.. However, this has fixed the AM/PM bug on the Mail App.