UK only - Carphone warehouse OR O2 direct?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lloydhooson, Jun 10, 2009.

1. lloydhooson macrumors member

Hi all, who do you prefer for your iphone contract? carphone warehouse or o2 direct?

Also - I heard that Carphone warehouse are pre-ordering in UK from tomorrow and O2 are not? so who do you go with now? :apple:

2. germanjulian macrumors regular

I go to the shop! either one!

i try carephone first as they have good insurance too.

3. oililymad macrumors 6502

oililymad

i personally wouldnt touch cpw with a barge pole.
    their customer service is shocking... ever tried to get them on the phone.. i mean seriously seriously hard.
    the cpw iphone takers last year were messed around even more as they were unable to speak to o2 direct even though its an o2 contract MANAGED by cpw.

i ran from them years ago.. nothing would make me go bak to waiting on the phone for 20 mins pressing goodness knows how many options just to speak to someone..

o2 direct much much better in terms of customer service ( just not iphone upgrade policy!!)

4. iSimx macrumors 6502

iSimx

When I bought my iPhone 3G last june at carphone warehouse, they promised me a free upgrade to the next iphone.... I wonder if they've kept their promise :D ...... .... wishful thinking. :rolleyes:

5. Jonny75 macrumors member

I'd also be v careful with CPW. I bought a non-iPhone a couple of years ago from them (after vowing several years before never to use them). Well, they sold my number to some advertising company who in turn posted it on to some dodgy Insurance Scam in Wales. They were pretending to be O2 insurance and it was quite convincing until you probed a bit deeper. This all ended up on a BBC report, but basically AVOID unless you already have a number you want to transfer or are already an O2 customer.