Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Hey there,

I ordered a an MBP which was cancelled on Apple's end due to an error with them :)mad:) so now I have to go through it again, does anyone know how long it takes for financing to work as I need the MBP next week and if finance doesn't get sorted in time, I won't have an MBP for uni.

Does anyone know how long it takes on average? :S

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Hey there,

I ordered a an MBP which was cancelled on Apple's end due to an error with them :)mad:) so now I have to go through it again, does anyone know how long it takes for financing to work as I need the MBP next week and if finance doesn't get sorted in time, I won't have an MBP for uni.

Does anyone know how long it takes on average? :S

The last time I took something out on Finance, it took about a week. I don't know if they still do credit checks.

PS, long time no see! How are you?

northy124

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
The last time I took something out on Finance, it took about a week. I don't know if they still do credit checks.

PS, long time no see! How are you?
FFS :mad: guess I'll have to get mum's credit card out ;)

I'm okay, you?

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
Apple UK finance is through Barclays, it's right pain in the arse, 2-3 days to get the paperwork through snail mail, send it back to barclays, wait for them to credit check you and pass the results to apple, then they start to build your computer. Not worth it, better to get 12months interest free credit card and destroy it after purchase, and obviously pay it off before 12m is up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.