[uk] PAYG iPad Sims?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Uplift, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Uplift macrumors 6502

I'm giving in to temptation and going to get an iPad... i'm now trying to justify spending an extra £100 on a 3G model, i'm wondering is there any Pay as you go sims.. (eg, top-up £10/month for X amount of megabytes or whatever)

I really dont want a contract, i want to buy the iPad myself.. and then get a sim separately with no contract or obligation to pay.

It would be great to be able to only add money on it when i know i'm going to be away from WiFi...

If i can't then i'll just go with the wifi and live with it.

2. vgopal macrumors member

3. Gol27 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

That's an iPhone 4 sim tho? Am I missing a trick here?
    I'm sure I read somewhere on their site that it can't be used in an iPad. Did you have to jailbreak it?

4. borisiii macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info - I had been using my iPhone to tether my iPad whenever I had it with me, and paying O2 £2 a day when I didn't. I've ordered one of those sims, so that should save me quite a bit.

Do you need to put the sim in a phone to register it or anything? And do you need to manually configure the APN, or will it just work as soon as I put it in? Thanks.