UK PAYG - What to do & what are you going to do...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnrs, Jul 10, 2008.

1. johnrs macrumors 6502a

OK.. So iPhone 3G is not going to be here tomorrow as we all know..

So what to do if you want and iPhone. As I see it there are 3 options

1. Wait........ :mad:

2. O2 have said that you can use a O2 PAYG sim in the original iPhone and use a iPhone web + WiFi bolt on. So its buy an original iPhone from eBay (I guess you cannot buy then new any more) and go down that route until the 3G version is available.

3. Get a iPhone 3G from eBay and hope that you can hack it and use it with your sim. If thats the case would you still be able to use the 3G side of it or would you be forced to use GRPS?

So what you UK PAYG people going to do....?????

2. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

I am hoping to buy one in Europe or on eBay for £350 (8 GB) and hope it is unlocked to all 02 sims and use 02 Simplicity if not i will buy an 02 iPhone PAYG sim activate then throw the sim away...if possible or keep the the sim when i want to update Firmware or Sync with iTunes

What do you guys think?

3. johnrs thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have thought about getting a original iPhone and going with the "new web & WiFi Bolt On for iPhone" until the PAYG 3G comes out, but have also thought about waiting and seeing what appears on eBay and getting a 3G one and unlocking it and then putting in my O2 PAYG sim in with the iPhone Bolt on.

Want I am wondering about is would you be in the 3G network or would you be using the GPRS network when surfing..