UK people out there, who's gonna preorder?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by DKatri, May 7, 2010.

1. DKatri macrumors 6502

So with preorders going up on Monday in the UK (Finally!!) who's gonna be preordering? What model you going for?

2. jonnyb macrumors 65816

My friend sent me a 64Gb iPad a couple of weeks ago and yet after all this time I feel a strange compulsion to put in a pre-order on Monday...

3. LaNex macrumors 6502

Wifi only, but which model depends on the price. Probably the 32GB one, but if the 64GB is suitably priced to leave me a decent amount of money left over from my savings set aside, then the 64GB. I have needed a new vacuum cleaner for about the last month and have hung on until I know how much money has to be diverted to the iPad, sad but true !

4. yegon macrumors 68020

o/

32gb 3G pour moi.

I'm going on my hols on June 5th, so I'm hoping I take delivery of it a few days prior so I can pack it full of content.

5. synagence macrumors 6502a

Oddly feel the same way ... i should have my iPad either tomorrow or monday and i know i've probably got a bargain with prices but in a way feel oddly disappointed i won't be able to do the whole apple launch thing....

Oh god.... i've turned in to fanboy haven't i!?!?!

:D Oh well ... worse things in life i suppose

6. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

I do need to wait and see the exact prices before I settle with what model I want or if I even still want to get one at all...

But I'm hoping to preorder a 64GB Wifi-only and a 16GB Wifi-only. I'm definitely getting that 16GB one, but prices will determine what happens with the 64GB. If the price is bad, I may end up getting a 32GB and if the prices are shocking then I may not get it at all. The 16GB is the only one that is definitely getting preordered.

7. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Same as me, although may drop down to the 16gb if prices are ridiculous.
    Roll on Monday -I even took the day off work to preorder! :eek:

8. zen macrumors 68000

zen

64GB WiFi for me.

Unless the price is ridiculous, in which case I'll fly to New York to get one on airmiles.

9. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I'm waiting on the prices. If they're stooopid, I may try the US route again...

Quite fancy a 3G myself. I had ordered a 64Gb WiFi-only from the US (now cancelled), but think on reflection that 3G is the way to go.

10. moseleyite macrumors member

I'll be pre-ordering one for the wife - the 16gb wifi version will be fine.

Does anybody have any idea at what time the pre-ordering will start? I image it will be around 8am in line with the time that some of the stores open.

11. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

ipad 16gb wifi only for me :)

have a 16gb iphone with 7gb left. so i have no need for 32gb/64gb.

and since i'll be using it around the house on my wifi, so that my iphone can "get a rest" to be used for when im not in the house.

12. Matt.H macrumors member

Hoping to preorder a 32GB WiFi model on Monday, depending on price.
    May end up getting a 16GB model.
    Cant wait now!

13. Peter Harrison macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

I'm not sure, since it's an international release... I'm curious to know too.

14. h3nry macrumors member

3g 64gb for me. Taken the day off to pre-order it.

Also booked another 6 days off to cover all possible launch dates this month.

Its been one hell of a wait... Well done to everyone who has managed to hold out.

Edit: Nearest store to me said they would be open at 10am as usual and take pre-orders from then. The hinted at the fact that they would only be taking pre-orders at the same time as the internet. So I'm guessing pre-order time is 10am on Monday.

15. johnrs macrumors 6502a

has there been any indication on the price of the iPad in the UK yet?

16. gilesybaby macrumors member

How quickly do you think pre-orders will 'sell out'? I was thinking of ordering mine after work (5-ish).

Also, do you think think it will be possible to pre-order on-line and pick up in-store at one of the apple stores?

Thanks.

17. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Nope, but I'm sure there will be some "a mate of a mate of an Apple Store employee"-type posts over the weekend...

18. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Well, I wouldn't like to depend on leaving it that late -at least not for release day delivery/choice of model.

19. Gymgenius Suspended

I've just paid my credit card off to use to order on Monday.
    64Gb Wifi for me I think.

20. h3nry macrumors member

Totally agree. If you want to pre-order get it in asap.

Hoping you will be able to pre-order the case and camera kit too.

21. gilesybaby macrumors member

Ah well, looks like I might miss out on launch day then - don't think i'll be able to take the day off work and work has blocked the Apple website. As well as the Radio 4 website. I don't know which angers me more!

Regarding my other question tho - do you think it will be possible to order online then pick up in-store the next day??

Thanks dudes

22. DKatri thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been undecided for a while. All i know is that I wont go for the 16GB, its just not enough for what I want. I have a 16GB touch which has 200MB free and I imagine that the iPad will fill much quicker. Depending on the pricing I will either get the 32GB 3G or the 64GB WiFi. Or if apple totally f***s us over with pricing I'll get 32GB WiFi, or just wait until my sister goes to texas in the summer. Decisions, decisions. I just wish that they would release pricing before the pre-orders to give people a little bit of time to decide.

23. h3nry macrumors member

Only if they have got iPads left the day before release.

We wont find out till monday when it is released, but it is still showing as "late" may which could mean anything up to the 31st.

I would suggest if you want one badly, pre-order. Or if you are not too bothered you could risk it on the day and buy one. But my guessing is that pre-orders will be eaten up very quickly like in the US.

24. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

I'll be pre-ordering a 64gb 3G model. This thread seems to be calling for a poll.

25. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

I'm going for a 16GB Wi-Fi and 3G probably, Don't intend to spend more than £500 though, I'll probably go for a store reservation if they're doing them here!