Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphonehype

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Hi All,

Phones4u has just entered into administration, it's sad to here those who have potentially lost there jobs.

If you've preordered your iPhone 6 from there id be very worried!!

That's All!

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
It is sad, however there had been rumours for a while...

It's a place I've never had a good experience in (when looking at phones for myself/family/friends). The way that they deal with potential customers from the few stores I have been in, granted it probably wasn't the same nationally, but the forceful attitude and pushiness from the sales people was worrying!

o2 pulled out, followed by Vodafone leaving just EE as their only network "on side", now they've pulled out the company has no where to go.

I do feel sorry for the people who have ordered an iPhone through them though, as nothing is clear what happens now, other than the fact stores won't be opening this week - leaving people expecting to collect their new iPhones on launch day at a complete loss as to what to do and where to go until more clarity over the situation is given by the administrators.

What is strange, the website STILL works and you can STILL order phones on there that you may/may not get, surely the website should have been changed and no online sales permitted for legal reasons?!

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Hi All,

Phones4u has just entered into administration, it's sad to here those who have potentially lost there jobs.

If you've preordered your iPhone 6 from there id be very worried!!

That's All!

The administrators haven't announced their intentions yet, P4U is a viable business at present so they might continue to run the business until a final decision to wind up or sell is made.

Those with preorders shouldn't worry until an announcement is made (probably tomorrow sometime).

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
They've only entered administration as in a years time they will have no way to supply a networks products. The business hasn't failed as such, just their supply has been removed.

I can't see it being an issue for pre-orders, but I may be wrong.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
“Any orders that have not already been dispatched will be cancelled and any payments refunded to customers. Phones4U apologises to its customers for the inconvenience.”

http://www.geekanoids.co.uk/news/phones4u-administration-iphone-6-preorders1492014

Administrators working on a Sunday? Things must be worse than people thought.

At least they have confirmed preorder refunds. Now those people will have to find alternative stock, they might have to queue at 2am next Friday morning ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.