UK price increase

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by theiphoner, Oct 27, 2016.

1. theiphoner macrumors member

theiphoner

i was going to buy a refurb MacBook 12" last week for £880 but thought it was wise to hang of for the event this evening, but man what a mistake, the refurbished ones are now £1059 and new ones have increased big time as well. Now I know the pound is weak post Brexit blah blah but jees they are squeezing it a bit.

2. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Still a good deal imho going for the refurnished.
    The MacBook 12" and iPad Pro range looks a lot more appealing than the MacBook Pro range as of right now.

3. mariotr87 macrumors regular

Yep. Basically all Apple products have seen increases between 15% and 20% in the UK in the last couple of months. Even worse in the case of some accessories. The Apple Pencil went up by 25% back in September.

4. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

Not knocking the deal, rather my stupid view of a price drop not an increase after today

5. netdudeuk macrumors newbie

I think that the price changes on the iPhones should have been a clue. I wouldn't have expected such a big increase though.

6. mobilemario macrumors member

While the spec change was highly unlikely for the 12" macbook I've waited till today to make my mind about my next purchase.
    Terrible idea.
    The new prices are just insane!

7. theiphoner thread starter macrumors member

theiphoner

Yes, I would have expected an increase but it's more than I thought However good old John Lewis still have MacBooks at the older price