[UK] Question about O2 refund, can someone help please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevearm, Aug 8, 2009.

1. stevearm macrumors 6502a

My sister just bought a 16GB iPhone in an O2 store, on a 24 month contract. Unfortunately she wasn't too aware of capacities etc

Does anyone know if it's possible to go into the store tomorrow morning, cancel the contract, and get a 32GB phone, on an 18 month contract?

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

2. Macjames macrumors 6502a

I'm sure when i bought mine there was about a week or so when you can bring it back.

3. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

I get the feeling it's 14 days to change or cancel a contract.

Only annoying thing is it's an upgrade from a non-iPhone contract, rather than a brand new one. Hope that doesn't make a difference.

4. Jennbo macrumors newbie

They do not have to do this as she has entered a legally binding contract. She'd need to check to see if they have a returns policy in the terms and conditions

5. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

There will be a cooling off period written in to the contract that should allow the user to cancel within a set time

She hasn't opened the phone has she?

6. rcarranza macrumors member

There are no 14 day returns on upgrades if the device was bought in store. Unfortunately a cooling off period only applies online.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI...00000002447283431,K=7981,Sxi=2,Case=obj(18682)

Double check your copy of the contract though. There might be some sort of get out clause. Best bet though is to phone O2 customer services (23 02 from iPhone) or go back into the store and talk to the manager.

7. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

Cal O2 CS, and expliain the problem, they might be able to sort out something for you, if not, ask to speak to the supervisor.

8. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gutted if the bad news some of you are speaking turns out to be true and there's nothing we can do. I knew the fact it was an upgrade might complicate things, but she's been with O2 for like 15 years spending a fair amount each month so hopefully they can do something for her.

Box is unopened. Getting a 32GB version is the most important thing really, if she's stuck with the 24 month contract so be it, not ideal but oh well.

9. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

Got the 32GB and changed her contract to 18 months. Result!

Thanks all for the replies

10. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

The fact that she's a long-time customer doesn't affect anything. But I'm glad you got yours sorted, I just wish I could get mine. No soup for me!

11. t0mm macrumors regular

They still not got any in Dorset?:(

12. rcarranza macrumors member

Nice! Did you go to the store or over the phone?

13. stevearm thread starter macrumors 6502a

In store, they phoned up the O2 head office and we were out of the shop within 10 minutes. Surprised by how easy that was to be honest

14. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

They have... they're just giving preference to new customers. Pay off and get new contract aka upgrade... still count as a current customer don't I :/

15. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

They will swap it within 14 days mate. Been there and done it