Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Hi, for the first time since the first iPhone i've failed to get a date on release day - the one i wanted wasn't available for pick up either, i can't wait 3/4 weeks :eek: No choice but to queue up at a store, wait and pray......

I'm looking for some advice, coming from the North:
Anyone every done Trafford Centre /Arndale / Liverpool before ?
What time do queues start?
Do you have to wait outside?
What time do they let you inside?
Any other advice you can offer?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Hi, for the first time since the first iPhone i've failed to get a date on release day - the one i wanted wasn't available for pick up either, i can't wait 3/4 weeks :eek: No choice but to queue up at a store, wait and pray......

I'm looking for some advice, coming from the North:
Anyone every done Trafford Centre /Arndale / Liverpool before ?
What time do queues start?
Do you have to wait outside?
What time do they let you inside?
Any other advice you can offer?

You can reserve online to pick up in store.

https://reserve-gb.apple.com/GB/en_GB/reserve/iPhone/availability

Both liverpool and manchester still have all but the gold 16GB 6, neither have any 6+ models.

Rlong405

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
Uk
I queued at Liverpool 1 for the iphone 5.
I got there at 2:30 / 3am and was probably about 100th in the queue.

Order of the queue is maintained by people's integrity until about 4:30am at which point Liverpool 1 staff set up metal queuing system and led the queue (in order) into that system.

They also provided a number of umbrellas for people. At about 5am the apple staff arrive and they start asking you what phone you want including colour and size and give you a ticket accordingly. It was max 2 per person at the time.

Then at about 7:30am people came round with free coffee and bacon sandwiches.

Liverpool definitely had a nice vibe. I've never queued at Arndale or Trafford but I have read some horror stories of people getting crushed.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
I queued at Liverpool 1 for the iphone 5.
I got there at 2:30 / 3am and was probably about 100th in the queue.

Order of the queue is maintained by people's integrity until about 4:30am at which point Liverpool 1 staff set up metal queuing system and led the queue (in order) into that system.

They also provided a number of umbrellas for people. At about 5am the apple staff arrive and they start asking you what phone you want including colour and size and give you a ticket accordingly. It was max 2 per person at the time.

Then at about 7:30am people came round with free coffee and bacon sandwiches.

Liverpool definitely had a nice vibe. I've never queued at Arndale or Trafford but I have read some horror stories of people getting crushed.

Liverpool store isn't actually inside a centre is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.