iPad Uk readers... Sky sports app

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Hello

Anyone upgraded the sky sports app today, did it break it?? Sky go was broken during the last upgrade and with the lions tour coming up I don't want to upgrade with a chance I'll lose it, if anyone has and it has broken the app could you please let me

cheers

Citizen K

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
I don't remember updating sky go yesterday but mine hasnt worked since I jailbroke it. It detects the jailbreak.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
I don't remember updating sky go yesterday but mine hasnt worked since I jailbroke it. It detects the jailbreak.
Does xCon not work for sky go? Just curious because I recommend that tweak to many people. Just want to make sure I know what I'm saying. I don't have any apps which require xCon so I don't know everything about it.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Xcon hasnt worked in months so no it wont work
Have you been using the newest betas? Quite frequently I see on twitter that the beta is updated for newly updated apps from the App Store. I knew it wasn't as good as before because the devs in the App Store are getting aggressive at jailbreak detection. But I thought the betas were doing a decent job at battling back. I guess not. Thanks for sharing.

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Thanks for trying to help guys but if you read the first post again I am not talking about the sky go app I'm talking about the sky sports app, this still works with a jailbroken ipad but I'm not sure if the update 2 days ago would break it, if anyone has updated by mistake and its now broken I don't want to update.

Citizen K

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2013
Thanks for trying to help guys but if you read the first post again I am not talking about the sky go app I'm talking about the sky sports app, this still works with a jailbroken ipad but I'm not sure if the update 2 days ago would break it, if anyone has updated by mistake and its now broken I don't want to update.
Could u provide an iTunes link to the app?

dazlicous

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
its fine dude. I updated yesterday and you can still watch live sky sports

sky sports for ipad version 5.4 running ios 6.12 jailbroken

Kaiser99

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
Bump

Gents, sky have released sky sports 6.0 don't want to update unless its working with a jailbreak anyone tested it yet?

Thanks in advance

judgejohn82

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Sky Sports does not work on my jail-broken iPhone 5 on iOS6.1.2.

Sky Go does not work even with the most recent Update on the Xcon Beta.
Sky Sports app v6.0 is working perfectly for me on my JB iPad running iOS 6.1.

I have xCon v38 and UnrestrictPremium v2.13 installed, so not sure if either (or both) of these are helping it to run correctly.