UK Rebate - MBP + iPod + Printer

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by r6mile, May 26, 2010.

1. r6mile macrumors 6502

Today it's my birthday I decided to buy a Macbook Pro 13" online. But I got lucky, as today is not only the day when the iPod Touch rebate begins, but also the day when the printer rebate ends. I ordered the cheaper MBP, the 8GB iPod Touch, and the cheapest HP Photosmart Printer. Overall, I paid £1080, but with the rebates I should get £200 back.

The problem is that when you read the instructions to receive the rebate, they tell you to send the receipt and the Mac's label. I am assuming that there is only one label with the Mac, so should I send the info for both rebates in the same envelope, or photocopy the label and send it two different envelopes?

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

i dont want to give misleading information, but if you do send it in, send in the original and photocopy one for your record. I would send it in 1 envelope.

3. Gorilla Power macrumors 6502

Gorilla Power

You need the original labels in the same envelope, they do not accept photocopies, except for the Apple invoice. There is a bar code label on the printer box. Don't even try to yank it off because it will tear within moments. You need to cut the cardboard around the label.

And wish you a happy birthday ! :)

4. bigbren47 macrumors newbie

I bought the same as you did on the first day! It seems crazy to go and cut up your MBP box and printer box. I managed to peel off the barcode on the Touch. It all seems so messy!!

5. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

When I bought a MBP with a printer last month I got the information off the bottom of the MBP box by peeling it off it came off pretty easy but with the printer just cut the cardboard because there is no way you will be able to peel it off as it just rips straight away.

6. apple.gr macrumors regular

Happy Birthday ! ! ! :)

Call Apple and ask them if they want them in one or two envelopes.

7. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

Happy Birthday :)

I was just wondoring as I am going to be buying a new Mac soon, is it possible to just buy the computer from an Apple Retail Store and get the iPod free there and then wihout having to send anything off?
    Cheers

8. bigbren47 macrumors newbie

You have to buy from an online or retail Apple store. You have to pay full price for the Ipod and claim back the rebate from Apple