UK Refresh contract customers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtuk, Oct 4, 2016.

1. jtuk macrumors regular

I am a refresh customer and we have been treated appallingly by o2 with the method how we are to do our 12 month upgrade. We were no allowed to pre-order until the 25th and even then we could only do it by visiting an o2 shop. The shops give you delivery date of 30 November across the board (I visited several shops on the 25th the date we supposedly were to exchange our old phones to new handsets). Whilst I see that lots of new customers and those who were wise enough to sell their old phones elsewhere have been slowly but steadily been receiving their phones and even on o2 websites they give delivery dates of 6 weeks the refresh customers delivery date stays the same 30th November. The CS operative said to me tonight that they have no access to delivery schedules of o2 shops and I should ask the shop manager. The shop managers say they have no information. There is no one you can talk to. No phone number which doesn't throw you into the usual outsourced CS service. Surely there must be someone in o2 who decides where the stock goes and when. It has been disgraceful how they have treated customers who have been loyal to the company (in my case well over 10 years). I am happy to see people are receiving these phones but it is painful to know that this company does not give a damn about us, the loyal customers and make no effort to give us any information. The CS did not even know I had placed an order and had to pay a deposit! In the meanwhile they get two months extra payments for the old phone from us and our contract moved forward. Does anyone have a contact number for someone higher up in o2? The moderators of the o2 community forum seem to have vanished and seem to be in hiding..

2. jamdex macrumors member

I preordered mine from o2 in Denton (Manchester) on the 16th by going in store at 10am and paying the £50 deposit and it was ready for collection on the 24th - the day after they promised it.

The last upgrade on the refresh contract was for the iPhone 6 and they had me waiting for 6 weeks - it was a nightmare.

The moral of the story is pre order as early as possibe! ;)

3. jtuk thread starter macrumors regular

The problem was o2 said we can't preorder until the 25th!