UK: Regent Street reservation queue - best time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrSingh, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MrSingh macrumors regular

hi,

this will be my first iPhone and first time i will have ever had to visit an Apple Store on launch-day. due to work commitments, i will only be able to get there at 3.30pm at the earliest (store closes 9pm).

got me thinking though - what is the best time from 3.30pm onwards to turn-up in order to hit a shorter queue?

thoughts from those who previously reserved iPhones and iPads at Regent Street would be particularly useful.

ta.

2. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

3. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

cool :) so u mean the queue should be short by then? u reckon 20, 50 or more people? i know it's probably hard to guess but given they may have around 6k reservations according to some i'm thinking that might give some sort of indication....

i was thinking this too because obviously the campers and early-hours brigade will have been and left, and then those who are collecting at lunch-time will hopefully have left...and i will be there before those who finish work at 5 or slightly early at 4 will hav got there...

well, i'm hoping this strategy pays-off cos i have to train it back home straight after, have my lunch (!) and then a little later get onto a train to the midlands...i'm a semi-pro photographer and will be working on Fri and Saturday...so really will only get to properly play with my iP4 on Saturday night :-(