Uk release date for 3g iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SilentLoner, Apr 5, 2008.

1. SilentLoner macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

If walt mossberg is right and its in the beginning of june in the us, when can us brits expect it? The same time or later on?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I guess the same time, but no one here knows...

3. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

4. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

hope for it to be at the same time waiting to be able to put my 3 sim card into the damn phone - gona be amazin momoent LOL

5. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

6. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

What will the price be? Will it be the same price as the 16gb?

7. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

aint gonna know official pricing untill it gets released hell id be very very very VERY suprised if it gets released on o2 though...their 3g coverage isnt the best or so ive heard (for 3g anyway) would think its going to around the £300 mark but never know i guess depends on the changs to the 3g vers i guess

8. memesmith macrumors regular

O2 have exclusivity on iPhone for five years. I imagine they'll have the 3g phonebwhen it comes. Bear in mind they didn't have much of an EDGE network either, untill they got the iPhone.

9. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I think it will be on o2, plus I hope it is as I went on o2 for the iphone lol. The reason I think it will be on o2 is because apple will know it will piss off the existing customers.

10. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

gues so - mine will be getting unlocked and hooked on to 3 or t-mobile if its being released on o2 - i hate em ! t mob have got some real good sim onlys jus checked them out right now like 400 minutes and unltd texts for £20 - bargain! web walk for like 7.50 bit crap though that since 3 have unltd (3gig fup) for £5 see what new deals come out tho intime for iphone

11. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

I would just buy the phone and put my sim in it :D sweet as.

12. wwe2008 macrumors 6502

I asked in my local cpw store today about 3G in the iPhone. And they said probably not even this year as o2's 3G is not good enough

13. SilentLoner thread starter macrumors 65816

SilentLoner

Know your source before you post lol

14. Manic Mouse macrumors 6502a

Manic Mouse

They sell iPhones, why would you believe them? They want to sell you one, right now. I never take advice from the people selling me things, because they don't have your interests at heart.

15. ryan.stewie macrumors regular

ryan.stewie

what about an australian release, we havent got the first iphone yet, weve got the best 3G network in the world, it covers about 87% of our country, hopefully Apple is saving the release here so they can release 3G here.

you do realize that apple will release 3G in uk as well regardless because 3G phones can revert back to GSM or 2.5G or 2G when required.

16. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

i would think europe and australi hongkong (basically where 3g is actually available to use and users actually use it) will get it first, or they should atleast,. if not il get mine imported :D

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not good enough? Granted it appears to be less than 50% coverage, my friends with 3G o2 phones get full signal wherever they go around here. That's good enough for me. If I fall back onto Edge when I'm up some mountain in the Peak District then so be it, as long as I can get emails.

3G is pretty good here. HSDPA is terrible though. Only London and a couple of other cities have it but it would be great if the iPhone had it and so got o2 doing an "edge" like upgrade to their network.

To the topic at hand. I can imagine a 3G iPhone coming out at the same time or within a few weeks of the US 3G phone. Europe needed a 3G iPhone 2 years ago.

18. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i reckon the title of thread should read 'Release Date For 3G iPhone'

I dont think there will be different release dates because:

1)iPhone 16gb and 32gb came out same day in UK/US
    2)MBP and MB came out same day

so why would iPhone be different?

19. The Phazer macrumors 68030

O2's 3G network is as good (if not better) than it's Edge network, and is getting bigger (which you would suspect isn't likely of the Edge network any more...). It wouldn't be a problem, and O2 have exclusivity for five years.

I doubt there'd be much of a delay.

Phazer