UK release not confirmed

Discussion in 'iMac' started by wizzywig27, Nov 28, 2012.

1. wizzywig27 macrumors regular

I just asked via apple chat what time they were available in the UK on Friday and was advised to try midnight, I then asked if it was confirmed and they said ‘not as of yet’ and they then gave me a link to the PR page for he UK, she then said once they are announced they will be on that page, as is the case in the US, I then asked if they had been confirmed as able to purchase in the UK on Friday and she said not as of yet and they are expecting an announcement shortly.

I did clarify that they were on sale in the US on Friday and not the UK and she confirmed this. (until the announcement is made).

2. Ademordna macrumors regular

I spoke to a UK rep yesterday and he didn't even know about the Apple press release. I had to offer him the url and he was stunned when he saw it was gonna be out on the 30th!

I was told to check from tonight onwards, but I would be very surprised if they don't appear on the 30th - because what is the use of saying 'available in November' if it isn't going to be after all?

3. hideous cheese macrumors member

I went into the Apple Store on Regent Street today and they told me available and in store on Friday 30th

4. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

I was on chat all day today, to put all this to bed 8 out of 10 reps said Friday is confirmed UK launch and 27 pre-orders

5. wizzywig27 thread starter macrumors regular

well it appears we have a problem, 8 could be wrong and 2 right, or 8 right and 2 wrong :p

6. vladfein macrumors regular

This only puts 8 reps to bed, NOT the other 2 :)

7. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Not surprising - Apple is a world wide operation. It is not necessary that Apple inform all reps or managers simultaneously.

8. baxlobs macrumors regular

Just to muddy the waters, I was in the iStore in Ipswich today, and they knew nothing about any launch on Friday, just said late November was all they knew. I pointed out that Friday IS the last day of November and she had no further comment. :confused: