UK Replacement iPhone 4 Warranty Clarification Please

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bobbytallant, Jul 27, 2011.

1. bobbytallant macrumors 6502

Hello there

I have just put a service request in with Apple to hopefully get my iPhone 4 replaced due to what seems to be the rather common home button sticking/being unresponsive issue. It has become really frustrating and I have read Apple replaces them quite willingly.

I was just wondering if somebody could clarify that the replacement iPhone will have a 3 month warranty on it? The one I am hoping will be replaced has around a month left of its original 12 month warranty.

If at all relevant I live in the UK and this is a UK service request. Also, please ignore the iPhone model that is in my sig, that is my 2nd iPhone lol. The one I want to replace is a black 16gb which is around 11 months old.

I have read rather conflicting information about this - hoping someone can clarify the situation...

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Your warranty will be one year after original purchase OR 90 days after the repair/replacement. Whichever is LATER.

See here

3. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah this is what I assumed was the case - thank you.

That is quite satisfying actually - some peace of mind there with 3 months.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Remember after 90 days you still have consumer laws to fall back on. The UK's are very good.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

After dealing with other comapnies that insist on sending away handsets time after time to repair and bodge them up its really refreashing to have a company that supports its product by having a no quibble policy to resolve issues that fall under the non user related breakdowns, by supplying a mint refurb there and then in the shop.

Awesome.

6. bobbytallant thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple have just informed me that my iPhone has been replaced - hurray!

They have documented on the email my replacement handset's serial number. I just had a look at it on https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do and the warranty expiration date is not there yet as the handset hasn't been activated yet.

Dare I ask does this suggest I have new replacement which will have a 12 month warranty or will the replacement when I activate it, likely say 3 months (as is standard for refurbished replacements which I expect)?