UK retail store availability of Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by casjohnr, Aug 27, 2009.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

Hi,

I was hoping to go to Meadowhall Apple Store after work tomorrow and grab a copy of Snow Leopard, will they be stocking it in stores and if so will they still have any left by around 6:45 - 7pm ish?! I'm going a bit out of my way to get up to Meadowhall...

Cheers :)

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

If you doubt stock, call ahead to the store in the afternoon.

3. rds macrumors regular

There will be loads of stock at both the Apple Store and resellers.

4. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

I'll be off to the Trafford Centre store after work, but given that I haven't left before 7 this week I don't think I'll be there particularly early today! If anyone hits it up before then, shout ;)

5. retro.kid macrumors newbie

retro.kid

Was at the Apple store in Glasgow this morning for 10am opening (I just work round the corner so sneaked out for 15 mins).

9 People waiting when i got there, about 20 or so by the time the doors opened (not everyone was there for SL!).

Plenty of stock anyway. Was going to go at lunch time, but thought sod it, I was there for Leopard launch, may as well do the same for SL. Not quite the same razzmatazz and no t-shirts this time. Awwww.

Only downside is SL is sitting on my desk beside me - and I want to install it right now, but too risky as i use my MB for work :-(

6. iPhone 62S macrumors 6502a

iPhone 62S

I asked the guy in my local Apple Store when they'll get stock, and they said "tomorrow", and that was yesterday :D

Of course it depends how many nerds there are in your area and how much stock they have!

7. Sareth macrumors member

Popped into the Trafford Centre in this morning, they had a table dedicated to selling it, some copies on stands and plenty more copies in glass cases, was only a few people buying but that was at 10am....

8. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

To quote the girl I spoke to at the Trafford Store:

'Yeah, we've got plenty of copies in stock.'

Just hope they last until about 5-ish this evening :D

9. jrmt macrumors newbie

Cambridge store

I picked up a copy of Snow Leopard from the Apple Cambridge store at 9.30am. No T-shirts. Only 10 people in there, very quiet.

10. tomjleeds macrumors 6502

Change of plan. Flexi-time keeps me here until 3:30...can you guess where I'll be heading then? ;)

11. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Just got my copy from Trafford centre. Very busy in store but still lots of copies left. Mainly filled with people buying new macs and teenagers viewing YouTube on the new MacBook pros. :rolleyes:

12. jck1634 macrumors regular

jck1634

Picked up my copy from the Regent Street Store this Morning. They had tons of boxes all over the till area. I'm pretty sure it's the same all over. I think you'll find stock.

13. Phil Lee macrumors 6502

I picked a family pack up from the Trafford Centre too. I just couldn't wait for the postie to arrive with the one I ordered from the Apple website. I guess that will be going back to Apple or on to my Father. I was going to use the one family pack to update my 2 Macs, my wife's Macbook and my Father's 2 Macs but now think I'll stick to the letter of the license agreement and send one of the family packs off to my Father.

I'm now busy backing up my MacBook Pro for the second time so I can to a clean install on it. You can never have too many backups :)

14. casjohnr thread starter macrumors regular

Plenty of copies in Meadowhall about 7:30pm. Didn't see any Family Pack ones but maybe I didn't look hard enough because I only needed the single edition.

Seems to be boosting hardware sales more than anything, I was only in there around 10 minutes and saw about 3 people leave with iMacs and 2 people leave with Macbook / Macbook Pros!!!

15. squarechick macrumors newbie

Hi, did you get an upgrade or the full boxset family pack? Hoping to pick up a boxset, tried calling earlier today but couldn't get anyone to answer the phone to confirm they had it! Bit of a trek for me, but worth it if we can get a copy.

In fact if anyone knows if we can get a copy of the family pack at Meadowhall Sheffield that would be equally good distance wise...??