UK rMBP On eBay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dazlicous, Jul 31, 2013.

1. dazlicous macrumors 6502a

dazlicous

Does this look like a good deal on eBay or does it seem risky

eBay Link

2. rikscha macrumors 6502a

Looks fishy to me. The very same configuration costs new £2299 at Apple. Let me tell you that I was recently wrongfully arrested for selling my rMBP on gumtree. They are selling a lot of these across London at the moment and the police seems to be on it. I was selling a very same configuration except that I have a 256gb SSD and the slightly older 2.6ghz CPU which performs equally well as the 2.7ghz but have 2+ years Apple Care on top. I was (still) offering this configuration for £1650 (Originally ~£2338). I'd be very careful even if Paypal is offering buyers protection. There are apparently cases where PayPal screwed their customers over.

3. ChaosAngel macrumors member

With the expected imminent release of a Haswell based rMBP I think this is probably legitimate. If you shop around you can find similar prices for the same specification. For example, Amazon which is selling this model for £1,874.99.

4. psun786 macrumors newbie

Most of the brand new apple proudct sold on eBay us is funded by stolen credit card. Apple keep a very good leash on its retailers so any discount above 10% is not possible. Why don't you ask the seller provide you copy of a verifiable invoice so you verify the legitimacy of his inventory.

My Paypal account got limited when I tried to pay for one of these awesome deal on eBay. So I called Paypal and they told me that the seller can't provide any verifiable invoice so these transactions are considered high risk. They usually limited their account but the system wont pickup the suspicous account weeks after it was made.