UK rMP delivery: Mini rant

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PurpleRedRose, Dec 1, 2014.

1. PurpleRedRose macrumors newbie

I've been a member for a couple of years, but this is my first thread. Please be kind!

I'm sat here waiting for my rMP to arrive. ASOS does next day DPD delivery with real-time trackable 1 hour delivery slots for £5 if you buy a pair of socks. Why can't Apple do the same when you've spent almost £2k?

After waiting for Black Friday and realising Apple would be one of the only firms not to offer discounts here, I sucked it up and ordered my first Macbook. It's a 13 inch retina pro with 512gb. I upgraded to an i7 processor and 16gb ram. Was really tempted to get 1TB of storage but as I haven't used anywhere near that amount on my Sony Vaio, I couldn't justify the cost.

Apple emailed saying the laptop will be delivered today by Syncreon. I've never heard of them and couldn't get the website to track my package despite entering various combinations of reference numbers Apple sent me.

After a bit of Googling, I discovered they're the same company as UKMail. Fortunately, their website works. Unfortunately, the full extent of the information given is that the delivery will be between 8am and 8pm. If I'd known this, I would have just gone to a store and braced myself for the traffic on the dartford crossing

2. anarti macrumors regular

Apple always use Syncreon for some reason for shipping Macbook Pros in UK.

If your model was CTO it will be shipped from China. It takes about 5 days to week for that.

Be patient or take a trip to the nearest Apple Store:)

3. PurpleRedRose thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I know I'm just being impatient...guess I should just be grateful it isn't Yodel :) :eek:

Fortunately it looks like fairly standard customisation as it's being delivered today. If I'd gone to 1tb it dispatch was increased to 5-7 days.

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020