UK S3 Preorders - Shipping Status

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by stu.h, Sep 18, 2017.

1. stu.h macrumors 65816

stu.h

Mine has been on 'Preparing for Dispatch' for a few days now, and no tracking information has been issued.
    Is everyone else in the same situation?
    Has anyone managed to get the UPS site to display anything by using a phone number or the order number?
    I do have delivery stated for this Friday, so not worried either way, but would have been nice to check :D:apple:

2. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

It appears that launch day UK orders will be shipped from Leicester on Thursday for arrival on Friday. It is too late now for them to come from China via UPS (like lots of US orders have).

3. stu.h thread starter macrumors 65816

stu.h

Yes mate, I think you’re right.
    Still not moved this morning, so perhaps they have had stock in the UK for some time.

4. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Both of mine still ‘Preparing for Dispatch’. They changed to this status on the same day I ordered (last Friday).

5. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

what did you guys order?

thinking of getting space black SS

6. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Ordered silver and space grey aluminium with cellular. Not sure which one to keep.

7. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

Do it, the SBSS is like having an onyx on your wrist...

8. liljak macrumors member

liljak

Ordered Grey Aluminum Grey sports band on Friday morning
    Apple says delivery Friday to UK
    Status is still Preparing for Dispatch
    Not managed to get anything up on UPS or FedEx

9. stu.h thread starter macrumors 65816

stu.h

Went for Aluminium/4G (because I also bought AirPods also and not upgrading my 7+ this year)

We should see things move later today or tomorrow...

10. KarimLeVallois macrumors 68000

KarimLeVallois

Last year they already had stock here in the UK, so nothing was shown as dispatched until the day before and then it was by DPD or UKMail.

11. skillwill, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017

skillwill macrumors 6502

Yes you're right - there is no need to worry. It has already started shipping but we just can't track it yet.

Basically, the North Americans have been able to track their orders for days because the same company is used for the entire delivery process - from China (factory) to their homes.

With the UK, that company is used to ship from China to the EU, then once it's in the EU another company is used to deliver from the warehouse/depot (whatever it's called) to your home - it's at that stage we will get tracking numbers.

That means UK customers can only track once it's ready for shipment from within Europe/UK, unlike NA customers who can track the entire journey.

And yes, that also means it's highly likely that our S3's are sitting in a warehouse somewhere in Europe (probably the UK) right now, ready to be collected by whoever will deliver it to our homes/Apple Store and provide us with tracking numbers.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I think they have shipped but Apple is keeping the shipping status a secret so that the shippers sites do not get hammered.

13. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The same thing happens every year in the UK, they are just stockpiled in a warehouse and shipped on Thursday via UK Mail and DPD.

It wouldn't surprise me if our iPhones and Watches have been sat there since before the keynote.

---

When they start arriving on Friday you will (probably!) notice a round orange sticker on the box. This basically means embargoed product and not to ship until a certain date. That tells me they've been sitting in the warehouse for a while!

14. skillwill macrumors 6502

15. danmart macrumors 6502a

danmart

It depends greatly on the option you picked. I wanted SSSB with sport band as I have a Series 0 SSSB plus the SB Milanese so I only really need a new watch body.

I ordered as soon as the app came up and my predicted delivery date is 9th to 16th October. I doubt they have large numbers of the more niche options stockpiled.