Price Advice UK selling advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by theBostonian, Jul 3, 2012.

1. theBostonian Suspended

Any UK based MacRumorians have any advice on selling a MBP in the UK?

It's an early 2011 high end with Snow Leopard; I've upgraded the RAM to 8GB 1600MHz, got all the original packaging, discs, 2 years left of Apple Care.

I'm thinking £1400-£1350 is fair, but given that the UK is in dire financial straits do you think that would be an unreasonable price?

Also, could you recommend any good sites to sell it on? So far I've put an ad on gumtree and I've had a few offers but running a whois on the IP addresses shows they're in Thailand/Nigeria...

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what you may be able to charge. Then adjust your price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.

3. theBostonian thread starter Suspended

Hi, I saw your advice in another thread and have already chased those avenues of inquiry, thank you.

Mac2Sell says my Mac is only worth £1,100, on eBay I've seen used early 2011s go for ~ 1,300 or so, but they were just basic high ends without upgrades.

I suspect I'll have difficulty selling it in the UK but we'll see.