UK shipping on Macs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JDee, Jun 2, 2009.

1. JDee macrumors 6502a

Hi there,

If I called up Apple when I am ordering my MacBook and request for it to be sent via next day delivery, can they do that? I know they can do it in the US, but there is no option on the online site in the UK store.

Anyone done or know if this is possible?

thanks.

2. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh yeah - and question two...

Is it crazy for me waiting until the end of this month if Steve Jobs releases anything?

3. indiecraig macrumors member

Mine was delivered next day without me having to request it. It's the best service I have ever gotten. Regarding updates, the entire laptop line is due for an update soon. Actually, this is the longest the Macbook has ever gone without an update (the longer periods on the buyer's guide were back in the days of the iBook), so I would say definitely wait.

4. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

You can't request any different form of shipping, if they say there is then they're making it up. Long and short of it is that if you only order one item then you'll get it within a few days. If you order multiple items it'll take a little longer. If you order a CTO machine then it'll usually take about 1.5-2 weeks. If you order a CTO machine as well as other items then you'll have next to no tracking information and it'll take about 2 weeks to arrive.