UK shuffle Price has not been lowered. WHY!!!!????

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MikeBarry08, Feb 19, 2008.

1. MikeBarry08 macrumors newbie

So the price for the shuffle in the US has been dropped but the price in the UK is the same. WHY?

u think apple will drop it soon or at all?

2. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

As ever, the US & Canada store usually go down hours before international stores. US for the main update - Canada because its on the same server. International stores updated afterwards. Recently its happened a lot later - i.e. overnight.

At least thats the general idea...

3. iFool macrumors member

Well, we always get everything late, and even then its much more expensive, just have to wait and see.

4. mdtsuk macrumors member

This kind of thing will usually be updated about 5/7pm GMT.

Usually just appears, not like the US site, down for an hour and a half.

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The :apple:TV price still hasn't dropped in the UK Store after 5 weeks :eek:

6. yogi477 macrumors regular

Isn't that because they can't subsidise it with movie rentals like they can in the US? I think the price will drop when rentals get to the UK, well I hope so anyway!

As for the shuffle prices, they seem to be updating the UK overnight at the moment but certainly not at the same time as the US, I guess its not a big product launch so what's the hurry?

7. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Because we buy them anyway.

Plus this way we can subsidize American sales so that it won't seem as apparent that there is a recession.

8. yogi477 macrumors regular

They updated the price overnight now £32 (approx $62) so not too bad as conversions go, I think I might be tempted at that price. No word on the 2GB but I think that would be a bit too much not to have a screen.