UK signal (O2-UK)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicholas.C, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

As in another thread, I thought i'd like to make another one to inlighten you.

Right, at max. I have 2 or 3 bars or GPRS (dot)

does anyone in any other location have better signal other then that? How can we get O2 to fix our issues? itlooks like AT&T are doing an amazing joke rolling out 3g..

2. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Nothing you can do.

Femtocell FTW!
    AT&T are trialling femtocells, O2 have trialled, but will not release.

3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

You need to call O2 and complain about your poor coverage. Go on their website and see what you should be getting, and if you're getting less than they advertise then complain about that, too.

If a call breaks up, call and complain. If a call drops, call and complain. If a text fails to send, call and complain.

Mobile phone companies will look to address coverage issues if enough complaints are received. It helps if they're coming from more than one person.

4. ct2k7 macrumors 603

Tried enough... apparently there's not enough people in the sticks to complain about it :/

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Well if you have broadband, skype and push notification plus wifi might be an alternative.Sucks - I know several places worked out their threshold during the LLUS and other Local exchange updates a few years back, and did petitions to get them sorted. Best bet is to go into an O2 store, and get detailed info about masts nearby, what is needed to update/ get mast updated etc. Some places just aren't good for signal due to location, and alternatives can do better. Can you get a decent signal on another network?