Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

booyah2014

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Just had a lengthy chat with one of the store leaders for a central London Apple store. Basically, 6 stock for queueing and walk in customers will be "plentiful" but 6 Plus stock is "severely restricted" across all stores and only very small quantities of each 6 Plus phone.

I tried to push him on stock numbers or rough numbers but he wouldn't say unsuprisingly. I asked him how early I should be queueing to ensure I get a 6 Plus. He basically said if I wasn't out there queueing now it was extremely unlikely I would get the 6 Plus I want, but that if I wanted a 6 then it shouldn't really matter but I might have a long wait to be served.

:eek::eek::eek:

----------

ALSO...

On a positive - for the UK, the reserve to collect system is here to stay. He said they may get new/more stock over the coming days and to check the reserve to collect system as they will get more 6/6 Plus delivered and you will be able to reserve them.

JDee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Ireland
ALSO...

On a positive - for the UK, the reserve to collect system is here to stay. He said they may get new/more stock over the coming days and to check the reserve to collect system as they will get more 6/6 Plus delivered and you will be able to reserve them.

Thanks for the info if correct but the reserve system was disabled a few days ago :(

booyah2014

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for the info if correct but the reserve system was disabled a few days ago :(

According to this store leader it will be reinstated after Friday once stores start getting further deliveries so possibly from Saturday morning - all information from this store leader.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.