UK Store Price Drop - Partial Refund

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by scottmcarthur, Oct 20, 2009.

1. scottmcarthur macrumors newbie

Hello

I purchased a Macbook Pro last week and it arrived yesterday. Today I noticed that the price for the model I purchased has since gone down by £320.

I am within my 14 day satisfaction period so I could send the laptop back and get a refund and then repurchase at a cheaper price - but this will take some time - and it seems pointless considering I want the same machine back.

I notice in the US store terms it says in this case they will refund the difference; The UK terms don't explicitly say this.

Does anybody have experience of this in terms of the UK store? Do you think they are likely to offer me the refund like they do on the US site?

Thanks

- PS: I really like my new Mac!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No experience but I have experience in calling a company to ask them instead of asking if people have experience. A day waste discussing could be a day closer to some cash back.

3. scottmcarthur thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that really inciteful reply - I never though of that!! - or perhaps the reason I am asking on the forum is because the UK Apple store is closed now until tomorrow and so it would be nice to possibly get an answer if there is someone who does know.