UK Stores Tightening Up On iPhone Sales

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wrkactjob, Apr 27, 2008.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

O2 Stores.

One per customer, no you can't come in tomorrow and buy another.

No you can't pay cash.

No we dont accept Visa Electron.

No you can't use Solo.

In fact their attitude now seems to be one of reluctance to sell.

Maybe they are running out, maybe the sales staff are jealous of people making a quick buck buying/unlocking/selling on Ebay.

Whats your experience?

2. Paulos macrumors newbie

Exacly the same. They wont tell me how many they have instock. I went in on thursday asking for one. This was at like 5pm. "no we dont have stock". Called another store they said maybe we have delivery tomorrow. (this is on the day o2 said it has no more stocks!!!).

Then i called back the original store the next day before my trip to the one further away. "Yes we have 3-4 instock but theres 2-3 people already looking at them." So i said ill be there in 3mins im just up the road. His reply "well its up to you sir. Your decision".

Then i get into store. Theres a girl complaining she was waiting before me. Ok fine by me. She tells me they wont tell her if they have anymore instock and she called up yesterday at 4:30 and they said they did have stock!

So i dont know whats going on but i have a feeling that o2 is doing something dodgy.

The offer was set to last till 1st of june. Now thats alot longer then selling out in a week or so after the offer first came up. Then they announce that they have no stock and wont stock it again. Then the very next day stores everywhere get new deliveries.

3. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

wasn't the o2 offer subject to "while stocks last"?

4. stevedave50 macrumors newbie

I went into the one of the O2 stores in Preston last weekend to get one while i was visiting my gf. They had stock, but would only sell to me if i activated instore. walked 5 mins down the road and bought one from a different O2 store.

5. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

similiar experiance here, sold my old iphone and went and brought one on the saturday of the week it got slashed by £100. Went in to trafford centre on the friday and CPW told me they DID have stokc however they couldnt sell anymore on the day since they had sold too many, o2 said they didnt have any however they would be getting a delivery on the saturday so i picked mine up on saturday. Wanted another iphone, went in with a friend and i got quizzed about already having an iphone and then was told they cant sell it me as its '1 per customer' ******** apple havent said this its o2. Anyway i think the store rang the other store and told them to not sell me one so i sent my friend with my card to go buy it - she got quizzed aswell and took a while to get it. lady had the cheek to ask me whether im going to activate it via itunes or not!!! bitch lol. that sucks about them taking customer details but it was only a matter of time anyway since cpw have been asking for details for quie a while now.

6. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

just curious how are you meant to activate in store.. this is completely against the entire concept of doing at home in your own comfort.

7. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Same sort of experience here. First iPhone I had no problems, go to buy a second and they ask me all sorts of questions.

Have been trying to buy another today. Phoned up the two o2 shops in my area to ask if they have stock. First they said no, and they wont be getting any, then they say there might be a delivery today, then they say the have no stock, but will be getting a delivery late that week. I dont know what to think, but I need more iphones because its an easy way to make money :p

8. stekerrod macrumors regular

O2 seem to be selling loads of iPhones! a friend of mine works in one of their stores in manchester city centre and my friend alone sold 14 in one day! and theyre expecting further deliveries of them this week!

9. sananda macrumors 68020

is that for sure?

10. stekerrod macrumors regular

cant remember the exact day but my friend assures me there's more are on there way to them!

11. sananda macrumors 68020

that's good because i'd like to get one!

12. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

possibly of 16gb.. once 8gb runs out completely i think thats the end of 8gb for good... even 16gb iphones must be selling like hot cake.

13. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

yeah same here bit of profit as long as it sells!!

14. sananda macrumors 68020

i've sold a few for a modest profit, but haven't kept one for myself which was a mistake.

15. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

you must have either several credit cards or some very good friends in o2 stores or cpw, or you go to different stores every day.

16. sananda macrumors 68020

i got two from cpw (someone with me bought the other), one from one o2 store, and then two more from another o2 store using two different cards.

17. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

But can you buy iPhones from different o2/CPW stores on the same card?

18. sananda macrumors 68020

i got two from different o2 stores on the same card, but there was a week between each buy.

19. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

im really shocked tho. i thought they would start accepting anything including cash in order to get rid of all old stock but they do the opposite....

20. sananda macrumors 68020

well, they don't seem to be having any trouble getting rid of the stock.

21. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

I think once they take your address, it doesn't matter how many cards you use, there still only gonna sell you a set amount. I got 2 from the o2 shop so far on two different cards, but only once did they ask fro my address. Im waiting for the next delivery. One iPhone I sold from a tidy £60 profit. not bad :)

22. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

but its soooo obvious iphone 3g will be released.
    actually it probably isnt to people who dont read MR..
    so if everyone read MR then no iPhones would be sold.

23. sananda macrumors 68020

o2 stores didn't ask for my address.

i wish i had made profits of £60 per phone!

24. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

they are obviously panicking about JB unlock. hahahahahaha..