UK Student Discounts In Store and Leopard!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by joesenior91, Oct 23, 2007.

1. joesenior91 macrumors member

Hi there.
    What would the quickest way to get a new iMac with leopard? i understand that is you order it online on the 26th it won't come with leopard, is this so? if it is would i have to pay more to get leopard with the up to date program.

Also if the quickest way is to go to an Apple store what kind of proof do i need to benefit from the education discount? I'm in sixth form, but the nearest apple store is an hours drive away, so this isn't a preferable option.

If i do order online when and the iMac doesn't come with leopard when can i expect to get leopard?

cheers, Joe

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I believe educational discount is only for Uni students, though if you call Apple they may let you use it anyway.

3. sananda macrumors 68020

i think you're thinking of the higher education discount. the education discount is available to a sixth former like the op, isn't it?

4. joesenior91 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, the standard discount is available to sixth formers, i've checked with apple.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

OK then I think the stores will require Student ID, if you have an NUS Extra (if they still do them :rolleyes: ) card that'd be OK.

6. Project macrumors 68020

I called up yesterday and they said that you cant get student discount on Leopard in store. You have to order it online.

7. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

If you're a university or college student, you can access the UK-HE discount store directly from this URL:

http://apple.procureweb.ac.uk/

It also works on my old uni's VPN off campus...

8. jordygreen macrumors 6502

jordygreen

I just rang up my local store and asked them if i could use my student discount and they said they werent able to give student discount in store on leopard...

But then i found out i could get my leopard for £6 :)

9. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I just rang 08000391010 and they said that i would be able to get the discount instore.

I then phoned Meadowhall and they said it hasn't actually been announced whether or not the will offer it. I have to call back on Friday morning.

10. kevindosi macrumors regular

oh yes

my school is selling leopard for $35. oh yeah.

11. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

How helpful for all the UK students to know....

12. C225 macrumors regular

Just wait until friday and you can get your imac with a leopard disc and the discount as the discount will be on the imac