Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joesenior91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Hi there.
What would the quickest way to get a new iMac with leopard? i understand that is you order it online on the 26th it won't come with leopard, is this so? if it is would i have to pay more to get leopard with the up to date program.

Also if the quickest way is to go to an Apple store what kind of proof do i need to benefit from the education discount? I'm in sixth form, but the nearest apple store is an hours drive away, so this isn't a preferable option.

If i do order online when and the iMac doesn't come with leopard when can i expect to get leopard?

cheers, Joe

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
I believe educational discount is only for Uni students, though if you call Apple they may let you use it anyway.

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
I believe educational discount is only for Uni students, though if you call Apple they may let you use it anyway.

i think you're thinking of the higher education discount. the education discount is available to a sixth former like the op, isn't it?

joesenior91

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Yeah, the standard discount is available to sixth formers, i've checked with apple.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I called up yesterday and they said that you cant get student discount on Leopard in store. You have to order it online.

jordygreen

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
London, UK
I just rang up my local store and asked them if i could use my student discount and they said they werent able to give student discount in store on leopard...

But then i found out i could get my leopard for £6 :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I just rang 08000391010 and they said that i would be able to get the discount instore.

I then phoned Meadowhall and they said it hasn't actually been announced whether or not the will offer it. I have to call back on Friday morning.

C225

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2007
Scotland
Just wait until friday and you can get your imac with a leopard disc and the discount as the discount will be on the imac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.