UK: the Distance Selling Regulations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Stormz, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Stormz macrumors member

Stormz

Am I right in thinking that if I purchase a Mac online from the Apple store, that I can return it within 7 days and have a full refund as per the Distance Selling Regulations - and I don't even have to give a reason?

If so, what charges (if any) will I face? Restocking fee? Postage?

And am I still entitled to a full refund if I've unpacked it and "inspected the goods" as it were? (ie. switched it on, checked the screen, ran a few apps)?

2. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

I believe it is called the "cooling off period"

"When selling to consumers by mail order, phone, fax, Internet or digital TV you must give them a cooling-off period during which they have an unconditional right to cancel the contract.

In the case of services, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the order was made - or after written confirmation is received.

In the case of goods, the cooling-off period normally ends seven working days after the day the goods are received.

Customers must inform you in writing - by letter, fax or email - of their decision to cancel."

However I think it may not apply for softwares etc. You should check Apples terms and conditions.

3. Stormz thread starter macrumors member

Stormz

ok thanks.

i was just curious if anyone here had done this.