[UK] Universal Search???

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by P4ulypops, Oct 31, 2015.

1. P4ulypops macrumors member

P4ulypops

Hi All.

I got my Apple TV Yesterday, really like it so far, especially with Simplex. One thing that's bothering me though is that I can't see to find _anything_ with Universal Search, even Netflix doesn't seem to have it. That was pretty much a killer feature for me. The only thing that seems to have it is iTunes content, and no way am I spending £20-30 on a box set for something that came out in the late 90s.

Roll on the networks coming out with proper apps, that will be sweet.

I guess one of the reasons Siri is so fast, is because the content sources are cut down [compared to iOS where it has so much more functionality].

I can't help but to feel, for the second time this year, i've paid to be part of an expensive beta test for Apple.

Cheers

- PP

2. bobbba macrumors regular

It works with netflix for me in that from the aTV4 home page I can use siri to search and it will show me content from both iTunes and netflix if it's available

3. P4ulypops thread starter macrumors member

P4ulypops

Cool, I'll give it another shot when I get home; I'm probably missing something or have accidentally only tried searching for stuff that isn't on Netflix

4. brandscill macrumors 6502

I find if I want to find something on Netflix, then I'll say 'Show me some comedy on Netflix"

5. P4ulypops thread starter macrumors member

P4ulypops

Nice tip... Got home about an hour ago, and it was just a coincidence that I Siri'd for stuff that wasn't on there.

I'm Looking forward to more sources coming, I'm quite impressed with it.