UK Unlocked iPhone 4 Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBX, Jul 19, 2010.

1. CBX macrumors regular

If buying it unlocked from Apple online store, does it ship with a microsim or do you have to contact your provider such as O2 etc to get one?

2. slicedbread macrumors regular

Not sure about the online store, but at the retail store on Regent St when I got my sim-free iphone 4 it came with no SIM card.

I had my O2 microsim ready to go when I went in, but unless u either have one prepared or sign up in store to a carrier, there is no sim card in the phone.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You have to contact your provider as the micro-SIM is specific to them.

4. CBX thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers for the info.

I will get on to O2 then. No rush as I doesn't ship till the middle of Aug :(

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can probably just wonder into an O2 store and they'll give you one. I got an iPhone 4 on launch day (sorry) and already had the micro-SIM. The one they gave me was designed so you could stick it in your existing phone to activate/swap over (there's a website to do that). Then when you're new phone arrives you snap out the micro-SIM from the mini-SIM and stick it in your new phone. Really easy and ensures that when you're new phone arrives you are ready there and then.

6. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

You can get O2 ones from their website, free, but they take 3-5 days to be delivered usually. I got 1 for messing around with, but eventually just cut my t-mobile sim.