UK/US iTunes store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kiristu, Oct 12, 2009.

1. kiristu macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I live in Ireland and currently iTunes Store Ireland doesn't support download of movies/tv shows because it's only a feature available for UK and US residents on their respective iTunes stores. My Irish credit card has obviously an Irish address, so I can't use it for this purpose.

Does anybody know if a UK prepaid VISA/Mastercard would work on iTunes store UK? If so, what's my best option? Bear in mind I would also need a way to put money into the prepaid card from outside UK (possibly using another non-UK credit card).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

2. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Well seeing as you don't have ties to either store (UK/US) I'd say go gift card way and get an account with the US store :)

Be careful of buying Gift Cards from eBay though.

3. davwin macrumors regular

I agree with northy - you're best/easiest route is to use giftcards from the respective country you want to shop in and the US store has a larger selection and (in general) better pricing so that should be your "default". You should go ahead and setup an account with both stores though as the weekly deals/freebies are different too.

As an addendum: I have personally used the PayZone Mastercard to setup an iTunes account for a different region. It has been sometime since I used this card but, I was only able to set the address and region for the PayZone card at first registration online - I couldn't change it again after that. It seemed to only check the post code against the country selected and most fields could be left blank so this was a decent option but, the giftcard route is still better overall.

4. Madhawk macrumors regular

Madhawk

I've heard of people using Globalitunes when they want to buy from the US iTunes store.

I think this is what you are looking for:

http://globalitunes.org/

5. ipodrocker macrumors member

ipodrocker

Ok my problem is I got a uk gift card but live in Ireland so have an Irish iTunes account could I use the card and just setup a uk account and it would work?

6. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

As I understand it, you open iTunes and say Redeem Code. It then asks you to sign-up for whatever country the gift card belongs to.

7. macsarethebest macrumors regular