UK users on Three: native wifi calling now available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by timmys, Jan 28, 2017.

1. timmys macrumors newbie

Three don't seem to have publicised this but native iOS wifi calling is now available.

If you go Settings > General > About that will force the phone to look for a Carrier Update. You should find one available. After installing (Three 27.1) you can turn wifi calling on under Settings > Phone.

2. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

3. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Great news. Thanks.

4. FurbyUK Suspended

Well, they did publicise it. They sent texts to everyone that has an iPhone for starters, as well as tweeting about it. Also, within the next week, anyone that hasn't force checked the carrier update will get the prompt. It was only rolled out yesterday.

It seems they've not enabled the wifi calling over iCloud connected devices tho, disappointingly.

5. l3uddz macrumors 6502

Very pleased about this. Wasn't long ago I was considering leaving three because of no wifi calling. I've noticed it seems to only use the wifi calling when it's under 3 bars of signal. Not a problem for me as at home always have 1-2 bars, but would be nice if it used wifi calling whenever possible.

6. Nalmond92 macrumors regular

Excellent news. Now they just need to sort out voicemail

7. FurbyUK Suspended

They've repeatedly said they're not doing visual voicemail, because of the cost to implement it.

8. timmys thread starter macrumors newbie

The texts didn't say when it was coming and didn't really make it 100% clear they were talking about native wifi calling and not just pushing their awful InTouch app.
    When I tweeted Three Support last week they just said "there's no date for this just yet. Sorry for any disappointment caused", which didn't really fill me with hope that it was coming soon.

9. FurbyUK Suspended

The text I got said about it being native for iPhone and when I tweeted Three on Monday, they confirmed Friday.

10. l3uddz macrumors 6502

I never even got a text lol. Just been checking most weeks since their page said iOS coming soon

11. Beards macrumors 6502a

Beards

Same here, nothing received on this. That's why I am thankful to the OP for letting us know.

12. FurbyUK Suspended

Weird, all my friends and family got a text. Maybe it depends on whether your My3 account shows your phone as being an iPhone, as that helps dictate what messages you get texted. Or maybe you opted out of texts from Three.