UK users please help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frinaq, Jun 19, 2009.

1. frinaq macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I got a 3GS today and am a bit confused about my contract.

Essentially, the CPW sales guy upgraded my simplicity contract to the £35 a month contract. He said that I keep my old number, that my new minutes and text allowance comes in to play today (which it has, even on my old phone with its old sim), but my internet usage will still cost me until the end of my final month of my old contract.

Does that make sense? And is that right? I thought the iphone sim gave you the unlimited data usage (as if not, my phone is essentially crippled for about a month...). Also, do you pay for data transferred over wifi, or not?

Many thanks!

2. mattpreston11 macrumors 6502a

WIFI is free.

maybe its just an upgrade thing where they cant put the web bolt on part on until your next bill.

try ringing o2. they are a bit busy at the mo, but they are so nice.

3. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

if i remember correctly the web bolt on will be applied when the next bill comes through so it will essentially cost you yes. Matt was correct :D

PTP

4. frinaq thread starter macrumors newbie

So... I have to pay for internet for 25 days if I'm using 3G?! That's crazy.... But if I'm using wifi, its still free?

5. frinaq thread starter macrumors newbie

6. phelly macrumors newbie

WiFi is free, assuming it's your Network and not a pay WiFi service in a Cafe