UK - What sim to get?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by thedon1, May 13, 2012.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

I want a 3g sim for my ipad but I won't be using the data very regularly at all, maybe once day every couple of weeks or so.

Most pre paid sims have an expiry period of around a month which wouldn't really suit my situation.

What would be the best provider in my situation?

Thanks

2. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Three network usually have the best deals. They do a 3 month pre-pay sim on amazon. It's a shame you can't tether from your mobile phone if it's for occasional use.

That's if your from the uk :)

3. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

4. biohead macrumors 6502

The TMobile iPhone payg sim gives you 12 months free Internet when you buy the sim and top up £10.
    Although to enable the free 12 months you have to have it in an iPhone initially so the TMobile servers pick up you're using an iPhone via the IMEI. It's an iPhone specific offer, but once enabled you have it for 12 months.

Limited to 500mb a month but if you're like me and a very casual user it's more than enough.

5. MacHiavelli macrumors 6502a

MacHiavelli

6. cheesygrin macrumors member

I use my iPad's 3G fairly infrequently as well, and so I find that an Orange contract works OK. There are no fixed costs, you just get Direct Debited for your usage at the end of the month. You can manage your account online and you get £10 to start off with for free. My first month's usage last month came to about £2.50 for the entire month and just came off my £10 account credit, with no other charges.