iPad mini (UK)When is everyone going to start queuing for iPad mini at apple stores?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sam3020, Nov 1, 2012.

1. sam3020 macrumors 6502a

sam3020

Just wondering when people are going to start queuing at apple stores in the uk for the iPad mini launch. I am going to get to the apple store in high cross in Leicester for about 6am

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Never, I'm going to John Lewis to get my free two year warranty at the same price.

3. lazuliblue macrumors newbie

lazuliblue

Good plan there.

4. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

My nearest Apple store is 54km away, which is why I pre-order online instead.

5. sam3020 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sam3020

I am staying at a friends in Leicester so I can walk into the town centre :)

6. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

Will they all have stock tomorrow, do you know? I'm not getting up at 0'dark thirty to queue with the mobs at an Apple store, so have been watching the websites of John Lewis and PC World, hoping for some indication they would have stock available tomorrow, and I, like you, could slip in and buy the one I want and slip out without any queueing or mobs.

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

The Glasgow one is definitely receiving stock, though not sure about others. I confirmed it with a member of their sales floor staff earlier today. Then again I'm probably going to be waiting for the "cellular"-enabled model so I likely wouldn't be standing in a queue anyway, as they're not here till the end of the month.

To be honest though, there were guys walking in to Tesco on the iPad 3 release day and getting them no problem, so I don't know if stock is likely to be that scarce. Assuming "slightly new Apple product" mania doesn't sweep the globe, of course. Which no doubt it will, and I'll end up with figurative egg on my face.

8. WilliamLondon macrumors 68000

WilliamLondon

I visited PC World on Tottenham Court Road earlier and asked them if they were getting stock, they don't have any now and aren't expecting any till mid-November, but that was just a guess (they've been given no official dates they will receive stock). It's looking more and more like the only stores in London that will have stock tomorrow are Apple Retail.<sigh> Not thrilled with the prospect of joining throngs and mobs in either.

9. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Not queuing. I will enjoy life and wait for the UPS man to bring the iPad to my house :D.

10. Gordy macrumors 6502a

The same. Never seen the point in standing around for hours, when I can be sat at home with a nice cuppa.

11. widestload macrumors regular

widestload

Amen to that!

12. clukas macrumors 6502a

clukas

Exactly.

+1

13. gavinfabl macrumors regular

gavinfabl

Tesco Woolwell nr Plymouth only getting iPad 4 tomorrow.

I'm not queuing early. Going to local reseller Stormfront at end of day.

There is plenty of stock and demand is weak.

Think about it. Most have an iPad. Or already bought something else. The available market is much smaller.