(UK) Where can i buy the MD104, MacBook Pro (Summer 2012)?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wells190, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Wells190 macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy the summer 2012 Macbook Pro (MD104). But I can't find many websites that have it available. I've found it on http://www.eglobaldigitalstore.co.u...laptops.html?gclid=CKPp6b7B97cCFUfLtAod42QAXw But I've never heard of the site before, and although it looks fairly decent, after doing a bit of research I've read that customers weren't happy with their service.

So, has the MD104 been discontinued? The only other site I've found it on is eBay but I'm giving that a miss as I'd like it new.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. simsaladimbamba

It is available from the UK Apple Online Store here, though it costs 100 GBP more.
    Do you need the extra 0.3 GHz or do you need the extra 512 MB VRAM?
    You can upgrade the HDD yourself to an SSD or even bigger HDD by yourself for less than what Apple wants, the same goes for the RAM.

3. Wells190 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh forgot to mentioned, I was looking on the Apple Store and asking myself the same question. Do you know if the extra 0.3 GHz would make a very noticeable difference? I'm not completely up on the technical stuff. And I'm not sure about the VRAM. I'll be using it mostly for music production but I'm hoping to do a bit of gaming on it as well.

4. simsaladimbamba

Then the 2.3 GHz MBP should do just fine.

5. Wells190 thread starter macrumors newbie

So 2.3 GHz and 512 MB VRAM would run smoothly with high end games, do you know? And I could buy 2 sticks of 4GB RAM for less than £80? Sorry about all the questions!

6. simsaladimbamba

I do not know about games, for that you have to wait for more answers or search for them, but many games, even current ones can run on 512 MB VRAM.
    You should get two 8 GB RAM modules for 80 GBP, two 4 GB modules should cost less than 40 GBP.

7. Wells190 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought maybe you couldn't upgrade to 16GB of RAM with this MBP. Only reason being is because there isn't the option for 16 GB on the config page on the Apple Store.

8. r6mile macrumors 6502

Everymac.com (http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...re-i7-2.6-15-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html) tells me that "**Apple officially supports a maximum of 8 GB of RAM, but third-parties have determined that this model actually is capable of using up to 16 GB of RAM with two 8 GB memory modules."

9. Wells190 thread starter macrumors newbie