UK... Will it be available 6pm on 26th in Apple Retail stores???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by anim8or, Oct 19, 2007.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Does anyone who works for an apple store or knows of somebody who does know when Leopard will be available to buy in the UK stores?

Will it be 6pm GMT in the local Apple Stores???

2. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

irishgrizzly

3. mainaccess macrumors newbie

Will I be able to get the Higher Education discount in the store or do I have to do it online?

4. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well, I telephoned the Kingston store and they will have Leopard in stock after 6:00pm… any special event is yet to be confirmed…

5. Kernow macrumors 65816

Kernow

Saved me a call, thanks :)

Still haven't decided whether to pick it up in Kingston or hang round after work and go to Regent Street. Not sure I am fussed by a special event, so it may have to be Kingston...

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Always glad to help. :)

Same here… not too fussed about the "event" — but I want to get my grubby paws on my new furry friend asap. ;)

7. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

I have used my Higher education discount in store so yes you can, all you need, well all i needed was my matriculation card.

Although that was for hardware, not sure about software/OS.... i am going to get it in store so i hope so.

8. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

9. illustratorDavi macrumors 6502

I tried to buy ilife and iwork at Applestore Birmingham Bullring a few months ago with my NUS card and they told me that students discount is ONLY on hardware !!

I said that the educational site suggested I could buy any Apple product but they wouldn't given in.

They told me to go to my local Apple retailer :/ which sounds stupid why should a little store give me a better discount if Apple can't. My local store has been told by Apple they can't give student discount anymore and my local premium apple store is an hour away.

I've ordered from Amazon so I get £10 off the family pack but estimated delivery is 1-6 November :/ May cancel if i can get a similar price earlier

David