Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hi people, just wondering if anyone wanted to speculate as to whether I would get an iPad sooner by ordering online (with its foggy 'June' timescale), or would I be quicker waiting for the Glasgow store to get more 3G models in?

Obviously no one can say for sure, just wondered if anyone had any ideas? Anyone know how long it takes for their local store to replenish stocks?

chandler99

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2009
York, UK
I'd imagine that it's quicker to stay in touch with a store. They most likey will get a good few deliveries this week.

raymanster

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
UK
I would try the store. I ordered online last week as I was away, by today I hadn't had any order update since other then a security check. So I phoned my local Apple store, they had a couple of 3G iPads in stock. I bought the last two 3G this evening, one for me and one for the wife. :D

The guy at the apple store said they would be operating a priority waiting list from tomorrow. So put your name on the list and they will call you when your iPad comes in.

Perhaps you could order online and put your name on the list at Glasgow. And then cancel one if the other one comes through.

JD92

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Worth a visit to PC World?

I went into PC World the other day to see if they had any but they didn't. They did a stock check across Scotland for me, the only store with any was the Duty Free Currys in Edinburgh airport :-(

I think I might just go into the Apple Store tomorrow and put my name on the waiting list. Thanks for the tips guys :)

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Surely it's not that important.......

That's funny :D

Have to admit I dropped into a local PC World today (Fosse Park in Leicester) to buy a Belkin Pleated case for my iPad. They have a mini Apple Store display area with a couple of MacBooks and iPads on display. There's even a mini Genius Bar. Needless to say, no sign of PC World "Geniuses" or indeed any other sales staff on hand to offer advice. I bought my Belkin case and made a hasty exit in case anyone recognised me.

Costsboy

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
PC World or Currys

Might be quicker to travel to Manchester and surrounding areas and go to PC World or Currys as their web sites are showing considerable stock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.