[UK] Yellow patches and Dirt under screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by g33, Jul 7, 2010.

1. g33 macrumors 6502

Ive searched and read one or two threads but having just got some new iPhoneage action today ive noticed that i do in fact have yellow blobs/patches in the corner of the screen - top left, bottom left, bottom right. nothing in top right.

the bottom right also has what seems to be a patch or dust/dirt under it.

im sure youre all sick and tired of reading about problems but for people who have had this since launch has it cleared up? did the glue dry out as Jobbies said it would? Will they replace it under the current cicumstances?

Cant comment on signal/reception as it wont be connected til the 9th

thanks in advance

[​IMG]

you can just make out the yellow patch in this pic too (evident on 3 corners)

[​IMG]

2. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

would anyone care to comment? (politely ;))

pics dont show up as well as they do in real life unfortunately

3. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Glad to see you've got your iPhone at last :D

From what i've read, most of the yellow blobs disappear in a few days, but there's always a chance that it won't.

If your near an Apple store then make a Genius appointment and i'm sure they'll swap one out (if they have any stock) as it's the Yellow blobs and Screen problems instead of the Antenna (No problem obviously :rolleyes:).

4. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

TBH i think i would have got it sooner! i did however cancel my pre order online as i was really undecided at the time with the colour and all the issues people were experiencing. in the end after constant reading of the forum it really tested my patience. in the end, walking past stores that had them in stock i couldnt resist :) unfortunately its not sim free and ive got a new 18 month contract but realistically whilst all my other phones have been sim free or unlocked ive not needed it to be - well not in the last 4 years anyway :D

Hope yours is issue free!

5. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

What network are you on?

My iPhone seems alright and no dropped calls yet (Wow it's been 2 weeks today) although my signal at home seems shocking. Outside normally 5 bars, no idea what's happening inside my house though :p

6. fifi77 macrumors regular

I had yellow marks on my screen that got worse when the phone got warm. They were showing no signs of getting any better. I don't believe that the marks disappear, I think they simply fade and then come back when the phone gets warm.

I took my iPhone 4, complete with yellow marks, to the Apple store at Westfield in London, the Genius took a quick look and replaced it straight away. I've had no problems with my replacement so far.

7. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

i will be on vodafone, its a tad stronger signal in my house.

however my GF has the orginal iPhone on O2 and put it next to my backup Sony Erection phone (on O2 also); iPhone shows 3 bars and is very 'choppy' whilst on a call where as the Sony holds a full 5 bars and doesnt get intermittent connection whilst on a call. Same was with my previous 3GS. People i speak to say its notably clearer whilst im on it too. I sure hope that my new one wont be like that, Apple clearly have skimped on tech with antennae parts or design in the past...

Vodafone did offer me a Sure Signal booster when i asked to leave their SIM only deal so i hope i wil be able to do the same this time round

8. g33 thread starter macrumors 6502

fifi, youre right it does get worse when it gets warm!

did they give u a fresh one in retail box?

did you make an appointment?

thanks