Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doobry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
On what is arguably the biggest day you could imagine for this carrier. They close their call centre at 7pm, the normal time.. Their social media team hung up their mice at 5:04pm.. And the driver, delivering my son's Apple Watch, decided to clock off, at least 30 minutes before my delivery window was due to end.. How do I know this? Well, not from their crappy website! It still says it's due for delivery but that "they are running late" Yet the Parcel app tells me that the watch was scanned back into the warehouse at 20:17:37.. 32 minutes after my deivery window closed.. Where I live to that depot is a 49 mile journey, the driver would have had to drive at a constant 98MPH to get there in 30 minutes, and 2 minutes after that my package was the first one off...! Yeah, right.. Google maps says 53 minutes door to door at this time of night with no traffic.. There's probably half the traffic there was 2 hours ago.. So clearly he gave up early and went home.. Their website, nearly 2.5 hours after the window closed.. Still says it's just running late.. Apple didn't really do themselves any favours choosing these people? Why not pick DPD? Price?

Anyone else let down today with the promise of a delivery and nothing doing?

Sorry for the rant.. I should have called them earlier but for some reason I was optimistic that it would arrive.. But in fairness, you can't blame the driver... The van left at 6:50am so god knows how knackered he was at 7pm when he most likely decided to head home..

bazzaric

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2009
Similar situation here.

Waited in all day, didn't get a delivery time slot except that it was out for delivery from 10am, then at around 5:30pm my tracking is updated to say the driver attempted delivery at 12pm. Obviously had given up for the day and stuck in a time made up. Now they won't let me collect tomorrow as I don't have a card and online only allows rescheduled delivery for tuesday

retroboyjinny

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2007
OMG my day with UKmail has been a nightmare!

When I woke this morning(I took the day off). I firstly had a delivery of 10:55 to 11:55. I was excited.

Then later in the morning it changed to 15:10 to 16:10. I call them and they say yes that is correct the driver just left and he just scanned everything. I thought okay fine no problem.

I take my dog for a walk at 11:55. The UKMail delivery guy shows up at 12:12! 3 hours early! WTF! What is the point of giving you a time slot if you can't stick to it. Oh and I signed up for email and text messages. Didn't get them!

So I then spend the entire afternoon on the phone to them, their call centre don't know anything at all. They keep on telling me different things for example:

1. Oh he came early sorry he will come on Monday
2. You can collect it tonight
3. You can't collect it tonight as Apple have said we can't release them!!!
4. The driver has gone back to the depot and will come this afternoon

Then finally at 6pm I thought let me call again for the 6th time and ask if I can collect it today. The guy said SURE you can collect it today.

I then hire a zip car for two hours and go there. They keep me waiting for nearly 30 minutes while they find my watch and then they give it to me.

What a nightmare! Apple please use UPS or DPD. Please don't use UKMail they are a complete waste of time. They don't know what they are doing and their call centre is useless. They were supposed to call me back and they never did. Instead I called them at least 6 times.

I'm so grateful I got my watch on launch day but it has been so stressful :eek:

Anyone who has a delivery from UKMail, please DO NOT LEAVE THE HOUSE!

doobry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
12 hours after the end of the delivery window and the website still says that it is out for delivery.....!

Their call centre opens shortly, this will be an exercise in tongue biting and restraint!

ru7hl355

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2013
Scotland
They turned up 4 hours early for me, luckily someone was around to sign for it.... hopefully they are making deliveries today for the people that didnt get it as scheduled yesterday :(

doobry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
They turned up 4 hours early for me, luckily someone was around to sign for it.... hopefully they are making deliveries today for the people that didnt get it as scheduled yesterday :(

Nope, they refused because apple didn't pay for saturday delivery.. And by the time I got to a manager, all the drivers had left.. I just got off a web chat with apple. Because I am travelling for the first half of the week and my wife can't be around on Monday, to add insult to injury they say it might even be delayed until Wednesday because i changed the address..

What a cluster****.. Why arrange a launch like this for a friday and not have saturday deliveries approved in advance for mistakes..? Very close to cancelling my £950 42 Space black SS watch and Macbook orders I'm so flipping annoyed.. This was a late 13th birthday present for my son so I am having to deal with his teenage angst over this too..!

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Really feel sorry for you, I'd have been extremely annoyed had that happened.

I got mine delivered by UK Mail 20 minutes before my delivery window. Kind of defeats the object of giving us windows, but I'm grateful I managed to get my watch.

Hope it gets sorted out soon!

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
UKMail. Didn't even show up.. Anyone else?

I must be lucky. I've never had a problem with UK Mail in my area.
Feel for you though. I would be livid if they had done that to me.

Hope you get it sorted

Captain.Slow

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2014
Chester, England
My watch came during my delivery window, where unfortunately I was at work - I did leave a note asking if they could deliver with a neighbour.

About 15mins in to my delivery window I got a call from the driver saying that he wouldn't be able to leave it with a neighbour as the parcel required my signature - although he said that he was heading back to the depot in an hour where I could collect it if I wanted it that night.

Thankfully I managed to race home, pickup the card he left and go and collect it without an issue.

Anyone else have their driver ring them? He seemed a really nice bloke and said he had around 18 of these to deliver today with a couple of them where people weren't in.

doobry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 5, 2010
My watch came during my delivery window, where unfortunately I was at work - I did leave a note asking if they could deliver with a neighbour.

About 15mins in to my delivery window I got a call from the driver saying that he wouldn't be able to leave it with a neighbour as the parcel required my signature - although he said that he was heading back to the depot in an hour where I could collect it if I wanted it that night.

Thankfully I managed to race home, pickup the card he left and go and collect it without an issue.

Anyone else have their driver ring them? He seemed a really nice bloke and said he had around 18 of these to deliver today with a couple of them where people weren't in.

No, no contact at all from anyone, I've had to do the calling. Wish the driver would have called, I'd have happily driven out to meet him before he called it a day and picked it up..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.