Ultimate Buds UB7EB (Future Sonics FS1), UE Super.fi 4vi, or Etymotic hf2

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vinay427, Dec 28, 2008.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hi. I really need advice on deciding between the UB7EB, Super.fi 4vi, or Etymotic hf2. Right now I am leaning toward the Ultimate Buds because I like quite a bit of bass and I love the :apple: clicker/mic that they use. Before that, I had looked at the Super.fi 4vi and the hf2. The hf2 didn't have enough bass for the songs I listen to (mainly rock) and the UE mic/clicker seems very bulky and is in two parts. Other recommendations are fine, as long as they are in the less than $180 range. Also, the build quality has to be very good as these must survive me about 2 years. Thanks in advance!

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I have the Etymotic HF2's, and I use them every day. Great sound ! I really like them, the key is getting a very good seal with the right sized included ear pads. If you DON'T get the right seal, the bass does not sound good. If you do, the sound is excellent.

3. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Thanks a lot but I still need more bass than the hf2 can provide. Has anyone tried or bought either the UB7EB or the Super.fi 4vi, preferably the UB7EB? Thanks in advance!

4. Aries326 macrumors 6502

I've got the Ultimate Ears Superfi 4vi and it doesn't have enough base either. If you turn up the base in the EQ, the base then becomes distorted. Supposedly, the Ultimate Ears Super.fi 5 EB Earphones has dual drivers and is made for extra base. Then again, you don't get the microphone that you're looking for. UB7EB is probably what you need.

5. danieldelgado29 macrumors member

I have had the UE Super.fi 5 eb....These are great headphones and they have great bass and overall great sound.

6. kalkfi macrumors newbie

kalkfi

That is most likely not the headphones clipping but the headphone amp in the phone. Very common misconception. I have run into the same thing with the UE 7 Pro's which if given a proper amp, have enough low end to split your head. But the iPhone amp and also the macbook, powerbook... with suffer the same problem.

My vote is with the UE's for the overall sound quality. But do go the Superfi 5's if you have no problem with the 100 extra bucks.

Laterz