Ultimate Fighting Championship application

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by plinden, Aug 29, 2009.

1. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Our company has just released the official UFC iPhone application - http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325572765&mt=8 (link to App Store)

It's 99c for the basic application but <cough> $44.95 in-app purchase for the pay-per-view for tonight's event ... which is per-event, not for all future events. It's the same price as the per-event PPV on your big screen TV.

UFC isn't my thing, but I'm proud of the app itself (I worked on the backend server code, not the iPhone code) and it might be worth $45 to someone here.

2. Tunnelrunner macrumors regular

I bought the app. It's cheap and it looks quite promising. I also think at least having the OPTION to watch a PPV on my iPhone sounds pretty (bleep)ing cool.

Now I'm debating whether or not I should try watching Noguiera vs Couture on my iPhone tonight...

3. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

Interesting that it costs more to watch PPV in HD but not less to watch in lower than standard definition.

Although, it is the best example I've seen yet of In App Purchase. It's not just something that was left out so the user could be charged extra.

4. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

yeah ill just watch it on a bigger screen tonight then on the iphone lol

5. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Sorry, just clarifying, but you're asking us to pay you $45 for every UFC fight on the iPhone instead of our TVs? :confused: :rolleyes:

6. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

He's not asking you to do anything. He's telling you, his company made this for the UFC, and did what they asked. If you have issue with the price structure, then contact Dana White.

7. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

It would be useful if you got stuck in traffic or held hostage and couldn't get home.

8. plinden thread starter macrumors 68040

plinden

What I would expect is that if you're into UFC, you'd gather at the house of whatever friend has the largest HD TV and make a party of it.

9. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

Thanks, I'll jump right on that.