ULTIMATE Gmail & Gcal MACBOOK +iPod Touch + Google SOLUTION?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HappyDude20, Oct 15, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm a huge Google fan who has almost his entire life set up within Google. From Gmail, Calendar, Reader, Docs, Notebooks, etc...

When I 1st got my iPod Touch I used to the Google Mobile App to access all my Google stuff, which is great...but, after someone suggested using the Touch's Mail App, I've been using it religiously. I love it since it syncs up with my Gmail page in accordance if I delete or star any emails. I love that feature.

IMAP is wonderful.

But i'd also like to have my Gcal set up so I can use it on my touch. Sure I can go to Google's GCal online using Safari just like how we all can with Gmail...but i'd love to integrate GCal with the iPod Touch's Calendar app.

I was reading this and am wondering if this is the best solution for that (or if theres something better?): http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=577846

_______

Finally...

Right now I'm only using Gmail from Google's website to access my mail from my Macbook or any computer on campus. That or from MAIL on my iTouch... Works great since it's always in sync, truly a breath of fresh air for me. But i'd like to get a bit greedy and finally set up MAIL on my Macbook for the same thing. My only concern is...

Will setting up my Gmail (Assuming IMAP only does this) with MAIL in Macbook always be in sync along with Gmail.com and my iPod Touch? Meaning, if I delete an email from Gmail.com, will it also delete within Mac's MAIL just like how it does on the Touch? Essentially I want my MAIL to always be in sync.

Any quite importantly, need to make sure all avenues know when i read an email. If I open, read and delete an email on Mac's MAIL, I need Gmail.com to delete the email as well.

Is there hope?

Also, same thing with Gcal?

2. tinfai macrumors member

NuevaSync is the way to go. I have had it up and running flawlessly for the past month or so. Yes, IMAP will take care of your mail syncing across all your stated means of access.

My problem is syncing my gmail contacts with the address applications on my macbook and the contact app on my iphone. I only want my contacts and not all the "suggested" contacts that gmail loves to come up with.
    /
    /
    /
    /

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Yeah, agree with you100% on the gmail contacts...i dont want all the people i email as a contact. perhaps thats a setting that can be turned off within gmail?

as for nuevasync...that's concerning only the calendar right? So therefore my GCal will be synced on my iCal App on the Touch and my Macbook right? That's essentially what I want.

As for Gmail, so far i'm using Gmail.com and MAIL App on my Touch, which work great and are aware of when something is deleted or starred...but I want the same thing within MAIL on my Macbook. I never really tried going for it since when I tried to sign up my Gmail with MAIL on the Macbook, it automatically added my top 50 emails, even the ones that had been deleted for ages. Though a bigger concern is that on Gmail.com, if I normally checked my email in MAIL, Gmail.com would display my email as unread.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

mmmm?

Cmon people, a fellow Mac/iTouch user is in need!

:cool: